Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Shine!

Let your light shine

"Let your light shine before others so they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven"

-Matthew 5:16

One of my favorite verses right there.



Everywhere we go we can be a light to someone else in their lives. I try to. But I know that I fail too much. I've missed opportunities when I'm rushed. 

Just like last week. I picked up Austin from school, we rushed to Walmart to get some shopping done and then I dropped him off at a friend's house for a birthday party. Rush. Rush. Rush. And I missed things that I needed at the store. But as I was checking out, I used the self check out. And I don't know about you, but when I use it I always need someone to help me and they punch in their code. Because "an unexpected item is in the baggage claim area, please remove...." (you've heard it I'm sure ;) ) and I didn't put anything unexpected there. I'm told it's because my kids lean on it and the weight sensor is touchy. I was getting so frustrated. The reason I went there in the first place is because there were only 1 or 2 lanes open but they were full with people waiting in line. And I, of course, wanted to speed up the process. And I think I  could've been a lot nicer to the sweet cashier who helped me get back to checking out. Instead I just said "Thanks" and went back to my checking out. 

To my point....I missed opportunities. 

Opportunities to smile at someone or ask how they are doing. 

We don't know what others are going through. And just think...YOU may be the person who can make a difference in their life. Maybe it's a smile or a kind comment. Anything. Something. Have you heard that quote...


“To the world you may be one person but to one person you may be the world.

― Bill Wilson

 I heart that quote. It is the total truth. 


Jamie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment