Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Silver Lining

Have you ever had one of those days where some things are just going wrong?

I felt it yesterday morning a bit. 

I brought my first son to School and was going to wait in the car until it was time to bring my second son to PreK but realized I forgot my phone. And didn't want to be without it in case while grocery shopping afterwards the school needed to get a hold of me if something came up with my boys.

So I went home quickly to get it.  

After grocery shopping, I came home and hauled everything into the house. 

In one bag there was a carton of 18 eggs which was a little too close to the stairs.

These eggs just so happened to fall down not just 2 stairs but 7 stairs!! 

Oh boy... 

I squinted as I opened up the bag to see the mess. Yup, ooey gooey egg yolks all over all 18 eggs and inside the bag. They looked like they were all cracked. 

But friends, there is a silver lining in all of this!

1.) The bag did not break nor did it have a hole.

2.) When I went to actually see if I could salvage any of the eggs I came to find out that only 4 eggs were cracked which meant I still had 14 eggs to make cookies and banana bread with (which was my plan).

Now my eggs breaking story pales in comparison to other actual big problems or difficulties.

But it still helps bring my point across in all of this...It could've been so much worse.  Look past the yucky ooey gooey stuff going on and try to find some sort of positive. My attitude changed when I discovered that not all my eggs were broken. And realized I needed to be grateful!

Look for a silver lining! 

Jamie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment