Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 6, 2015

Airplanes and Blessings


I am guilty for doing just about anything to make my kids happy and quiet on the airplane.

 This past week when we were flying home I was not exactly prepared. In my carry on bag I had books and coloring books with crayons in the front pocket. However, that bag got checked on at the gate to go under the plane during the trip. Whoops! I completely forgot to grab those things. 

When we were on the plane I was digging through my bag finding things for my littlest ones to play with. Hey, I even let my youngest color in my new book because I didn't have any paper! The book which I purchased at the airport in hopes to read. My sweet Mom even had Smarties suckers for the kids as a last resort. They definitely came in handy at the end of the flight.



The reason I tell this story is because if we can OPEN our eyes and hearts and see other people we can experience huge blessings.

 In front of us sat one of the MOST wonderful Moms I have ever met. She had a beautiful, calm, sweet and thoughtful voice. And she was very prepared...unlike I. Next to her sat her very pretty daughter who had Autism and mostly communicated with her I Pad. In which I learned from talking to the Mom. Watching that Mom (and Dad) interact with her daughter was amazing to witness, they were such awesome parents.  Her daughter would peek through the middle of the seats and look at myself and my kids with delight. And my kids were so happy to see her as well. Across the hall sat the Mom's husband and in front of the Mom sat her other daughter and son. 

When one of my kids started getting fussy that sweet Mom let us have 2 pages of Disney matching cards to play with. And how helpful that was because the kiddos were intrigued by them. She was like an angel. She spoke to me and wanted to find out more about where we were from and how our trip was. She had her own family to care about but out of the goodness of her heart she wanted to show us love. 


Because of that Mom this airplane ride went more smooth. She was an absolute inspiration and I feel completely blessed to have met her and her beautiful family!

Lovingly,
Jamie


No comments:

Post a Comment