Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 10, 2014

How to paint meaningful words/verses/quotes onto wood

It's Friday!! 

I have a simple craft that I will leave you with today. Maybe you'll have time over the weekend to work on it. It's fun, easy and so versatile. 

Onto our D.I.Y. craft...
"How to paint meaningful words/verses/quotes onto wood"

Here are 2 that I've done.

This is one of my favorite Bible verses. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" ~Philippians 4:13. It is a constant reminder that we can do everything with God's strength. This is currently hanging in Austin's room. He can see it from his bed and when he learns to read, he will be able to set his eyes on the words every time he's in bed. He can read some sight words..so that's a start! :)



"Blessed" I love that word. It holds such great meaning in my life. I feel so blessed to have a wonderful husband who is a great provider and Daddy to our kiddos. I'm blessed by God each day, even though I am so underserving. I feel blessed to have a Savior-Jesus Christ who loves me with an everlasting love. I feel so blessed to have such loving children, an amazing family, fantastic friends, a Church family I adore, a home, a job...the list goes on and on. 



Let's get to it....

1.) These are the paints I used. I think I got them at Walmart, very inexpensive. They work perfect. And you'll need a paint brush.

                                       

2.) For the wood I used to paint on. To be completely honest, the wood pieces are from blinds I bought at Ikea years ago. They were so dusty and dirty that I was going to just throw them away. But, not this Mama. I found another way to recycle them. I broke them apart to make the perfect lengths I needed to do this project. And I'm so glad I did. However, the hubby threw away the rest of them (he doesn't like stuff sitting around) which I'm sad about. So next time I do another one of these I will purchase one of these from Joann Fabric and Craft Stores...




Wood Canvas Panel 10"X10"-

Rustic Palette 11.5"X11"-

Wood Crate


Rustic Palette 14"X24"-

Basswood Country Plank-7'' to 9''x11''/Rectangle


Super adorable, right? And all pretty inexpensive. But, maybe you have something lying around the house that you could re-use? 
3.) Next step,
Find a fitting word or Verse or quote you'd like to write on your wood. 

Here are a few options:

~Grateful
~Happy
~Family
~Thankful
~JOY
~Peace

"A cheerful heart fills the day with song." ~Proverbs 15:15 The Message

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made." ~Psalm 139:14

The options are endless...

4.) Paint the background color on your wood. Let it dry. When it does dry, you could use sandpaper to scrape it a bit to make it look more rustic. That's what I did

5.) You're ready to beautifully write you words onto the wood. Choose a color that will stand out on your background color. 

6.) Let dry and Wa-La...you're done! Great job! To hang on your wall, I would highly recommend using Command Picture Hanging Strips. They work like a charm! I love them and use them all over my home. No nail holes!

Here's what they look like. 


Command Medium Picture Hanging Strips,...Command Large Picture Hanging Strips,...


And for your enjoyment...here are some fun photos of my Troy boy and me! Happy Friday everyone!!


















1 comment: