Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 17, 2014

48 Hour Challenge: Mission Complete

Friday evening I went back onto Social media (for me that being Facebook and Instagram). I missed catching up with my friends for sure. But what a nice little break to rely on God more and my family. I prayed throughout the day for God to use me. I highly recommend this break. I will definitely be doing it again.

Here are some things I thought about when the fast was complete...

1.) I've realized that I can still fill my time with other things like TV watching, online shopping or house hunting online. And everyone knows there is always some sort of cleaning or organizing to do with little kiddos. Social media is just ONE of the hundreds of distractions. There are so many decisions throughout the day on what to do..watch an episode of House Hunters or read a good book. I'm trying to be more wise with my time.

2.) I did this at least 4 times--I swiped my phone on and swiped over to where my 'Instagram' app was on my phone. Low and behold it wasn't there because I deleted it. This I should remember but subconsciously musta forgot. I do not have the 'Facebook' app because my phone doesn't have enough memory. Which is probably a good thing. 

3.) When I was in High School in order for me to get my own phone I had to spend $500 of my own  money. Hard earned money working as a Nursing Assistant at the Nursing Home as a down payment for a "Nextel." At the time I was frustrated at spending my own money. However, I think it was a FANTASTIC lesson my Mom and Dad taught me. And the "Nextel" phone I had was like a walkie talkie. At any moment of the day (even at midnight), someone (even a random person) could push the button and yell anything in there and it would go to your phone on speakerphone. Unless, the phone was on silence, I think? Craaazy! And then when there was a color option for the screen it was really exciting! :) Oh, those were the days. Apps would never fit on those tiny screens. 

4.) I've wanted to go on Facebook to find out someone's phone number. But, I knew it can wait until after the fast is complete. I do love how Social Media can connect people. It is also an awesome way to encourage someone and be in prayer for someone.

5.) I learned that I can do it! I actually took almost a 3 day break from it. It's not that difficult to take a break from it and I will be doing it more often.

And I love this verse!!

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."
-1 Corinthians 10:31

Jamie :)


No comments:

Post a Comment